Car repairs can be expensive, and they can happen at any time. The average American spends almost $2,000 a year on car repairs. Here are some of the most common car repairs and their average costs:
- Oxygen sensor replacement: $300-500
- Fuel pump and fuel injector: $500
- Air conditioner compressor: $500-800
- Brake components: $1,300
Oxygen sensor replacement: $300-500
- An oxygen sensor is a device that measures the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas. This information is used by the car’s computer to adjust the air-fuel mixture.
- A faulty oxygen sensor can cause the car to run poorly, emit excessive emissions, or even fail an emissions test.
- The average cost of oxygen sensor replacement is $300-500.
- The cost of the repair can vary depending on the make, model, and location of the sensor, as well as the severity of the damage.
Fuel pump and fuel injector: $500
- The fuel pump is a device that pumps fuel from the fuel tank to the engine. The fuel injector is a device that sprays fuel into the engine.
- A faulty fuel pump or fuel injector can cause the car to run poorly, stall, or even not start.
- The average cost of fuel pump and fuel injector replacement is $500.
- The cost of the repair can vary depending on the make and model of the car, as well as the location of the fuel pump and fuel injectors.
Air conditioner compressor: $500-800
- The air conditioner compressor is a device that compresses the refrigerant gas in the air conditioning system, causing the refrigerant to change from a gas to a liquid, which then absorbs heat from the air inside the car.
- A faulty air conditioner compressor can cause the air conditioning to not work, or to work poorly.
- The average cost of air conditioner compressor replacement is $500-800.
- The cost of the repair can vary depending on the make and model of the car, as well as the location of the air conditioner compressor.
Brake components: $1,300
- Brake components include the brake pads, rotors, and calipers.
- Worn brake pads can cause the car to pull to one side when braking, or make squealing noises, which can be a sign of serious problems.
- Worn rotors can cause the car to vibrate when braking.
- Faulty calipers can cause the brakes to not work properly.
- The average cost of brake components replacement is $1,300.
- The cost of the repair can vary depending on the make and model of the car, as well as the severity of the damage.
Protect Your Car & Your Wallet
Car repairs are inevitable, but you can protect yourself from unexpected expenses by contrast, by getting an auto protection plan. These plans in addition, cover the major systems and components in your car, so you consequently, won’t have to worry about a surprise repair bill.
However, not all auto protection plans are created equal. Some plans only cover certain parts of your car, while others cover everything. Therefore, it’s important to read the fine print before you buy a plan.
Also, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from different companies before you make a decision. Finally, don’t forget to ask about any discounts that may be available.
By doing your research, you can find an auto protection plan that will fit your needs and budget. As a result, you can rest easy knowing that you’re protected from unexpected car repair expenses.
Where Do Car Repairs Cost the Most in 2023?
The cost of car repairs varies depending on the state you live in. The 10 states with the highest average car repair costs are:
- New Jersey
Factors that can influence the cost of car repairs include:
- Mechanic wages
- Cost of living
- Household income
- Type of vehicle
- Road conditions
If you live in a state with high average car repair costs, it may be worth looking into extended warranty protection.
At Everything Breaks, we provide top-notch auto protection plans covering vehicles from all major manufacturers. Our plans are flexible month-to-month contracts without any long-term commitments.
In addition, they offer valuable perks, such as furthermore, 24/7 roadside assistance, specifically, continuation of journey, consequently, rental car benefits, for instance, a straightforward claims process, and also, access to an extensive network of auto repair facilities across the country. You have the freedom to choose where you want your car repaired, based on, your convenience. It’s the simplest, most comprehensive, and budget-friendly way to safeguard your vehicle when the need arises.